Wednesday

Internet Window-Shopping

I was bored. So I went internet window-shopping at 1stDibs. Again. I should choose a site like Old Navy to visit, where I might actually have a chance of purchasing something. But these are such pretties! And most importantly, few and far-between pieces whose rarity warrants their price tags. You know, for someone other than me.

1940 Mirror by Gio Ponti featuring Etched Astrological Signs - adorable, sassy (mm hmm!) piece for a teenager's room.
19th Century American General Store Counter - if I owned a home goods store, this would be the sales counter. If I owned a sandwich shop (Jeb!), this would be the ordering station. If I was a seamstress, this would be my sewing table. Even Samantha from Sex & the City could lay across this counter and drape herself in sushi and everything would be all good. You get the picture. It's awesome.
1960's Italian Aldo Tura Lacquered Parchment Desk with Brass Trim - I could procrastinate for hours at this desk. So shiny!
1940s French Iron X-Based Stools - totally versatile. Usable in any room (though I wouldn't suggest velvet for the kitchen . . . ). Cute Greek key details.
Early 20th Century Carved-Back Swedish Sofas - I even like them in their current fabric. Classics.

Whew, that was an exhausting day of shopping. I think I deserve a cookie.

All photos from 1stdibs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment