Friday

1st Quarter Review

As we near the end of March and 2010's first quarter, I thought I'd give myself a review on this year's resolutions:

1. Spend more time pursuing my favorite things to do: writing, reading, any and all things home design related, and less time ruining brain cells on terrible reality television, etc.
Writing workshop with five 40+ women? Check. Posting five times a week (these puppies can take up to two hours to write!)? Check. Am still reading Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, which is, for lack of a better word, boring. Plus, obsession with home design continues in a new direction, courtesy of "Milwaukee Recreation." Oh yes, the fine city of Milwaukee offers classes to the public in a plethora of genres. Come April, I will be taking a weekly course on Interior Design and Drafting. As for that last one - hmm, the "Top Chef" and "The Bachelor" seasons ended, freeing those hours up . . . for "America's Next Top Model," "Top Chef Masters" and "The Real Housewives of New York".

2. Get this traitor of a back in shape.
Well, yoga threw my back out. So I haven't been back and have hit the lame, old-person bicycle (physical therapist's suggestion) instead, with the occasional run mixed in. Also purchased a guest bed that is one step up from bare concrete for those nights when my back is bad. Our lucky guests!

3. Get more education.
Interior Design class, an Intro to French class and a Beginner's Sewing class all start in April. Practically a genius! Though I don't think this was the education I was referring to. Have not matriculated or received official student ID from local institution.

4. Do something that scares me.
Gained a few pounds courtesy of birthday bonanza and trip to Miami. Terrifying. Especially when you throw leggings in the mix. I'd say that one's a yes.

5. As always, be a better daughter and friend. I have a physical aversion to the phone and it's flat-out childish.
Still childish and allergic to phone.

6. Drink nicer wine.
Jon and I discovered Bota Box 'o wine from our local small, organic grocery store and it's actually quite good. So this one is also a no. Though we did attend one fancy-shmancy wine tasting where we were completely out of our league and both got hammered. Total novices.

7. Get at least one of these done. And not counting #6.
Got quite a few done. And shockingly, not #6.

Better step it up this next quarter on the wine front!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. I am totally impressed with all the classes and that you even attempted Mansfield Park. Jane Austen and I only get along via the screen. Yay for you Abbey! Pat yourself on the back...and go drink some good vino. (And you are not childish...you are one of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. Also, you're a fabulous texter.)

    ReplyDelete