Thursday

Sale, Ship, and Sew

Our new rental house isn't even fully unpacked, let alone painted. Part of that is because I've been visiting fabric stores to pick window drapes and headboard choices, so I can pull the wall color from the prints (and the other half is because when I'm not traveling, I'm sleeping and catching up on shitake from 8 weeks ago). 


I finally narrowed down our headboard and living room picks and I am so dang excited! (Yes, I realize I just wrote that, though my 18 year old self is pretending not to know me.) My absolute favorite, a pale ikat print for our headboard and bedroom curtains, was coming in at . . . $49.99 a yard. Yikes (especially when you need 10 yards). Add to that the living room print at $29.99/yard, and heart attack, meet Jon. 



Headboard and Bedroom Drapes! 
Robert Allen "Khanjali" in Glacier


Living Room Curtains - [Wrong Color, Bad Closeup of Print]
P/Kaufmann "Boscobel" in Patriot 
(a dusky red, linen and marine blue combination)

That is, until I perused the selection of fabrics today at Jo-Ann. They're having an awesome sale August 22nd - 28th: 40% off 54" decorator fabrics (which include my two), and 50% off regular/non-sale fabrics. Hell to the y-e-s!


But it gets even better. After searching for photos of my fabric online, I discovered OnlineFabricStore.net, which is selling my bedroom fabric for just $15.25/yard! I would never order online without having touched and seen the fabric in person, but since I've already decided it's the one - consider this a sale, ship, and sew. 


Hello, house. Aren't you looking gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment