Monday

Such as "Wear More Belts"

Taking a cue from my dear friend Anne (who is currently lounging on a beach in Hawaii watching whales breach with a maitai in hand), my resolutions for 2010 will be to add more to my life, rather than diminish it.

Anne resolution circa 2006? "Wear more belts." Priceless.

Here are mine for 2010:

1. Spend more time pursuing my favorite things to do: writing, reading, any and all things home design related, and less time ruining brain cells on terrible reality television, etc.

2. Get this traitor of a back in shape. Yoga, chiropractor, physical therapist, granny-style Sleep by Number bed - whatever it takes. (Perhaps this may lead to a shrinking of the blubber bubble around my middle? One can only hope.)

3. Get more education, whether that's a class or full-fledged school once we land Down South. Yikes! Just the thought gets me nervous.

4. Do something that scares me. Not 'swim with sharks' kind of action, more along the lines of trying something different and new that forces moi to grow. Swimming with sharks does nothing but feed aquatic dinosaurs, which is why I rarely venture into the ocean. This should make living in Florida quite "the situation."

5. As always, be a better daughter and friend. I have a physical aversion to the phone and it's flat-out childish.

6. Drink nicer wine. Savor the good stuff (in smaller and fewer sips). That's my rationale and I'm sticking to it.

7. Get at least one of these done. And not counting #6.

What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. I actually have a to do list. Which is a bunch of things I probably should have taken care of in 2008. Yes...I meant 2008, not 2009. Great to chat last night. Miss you. Your blog kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Can't wait to read more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete