Wednesday

Floors

It appears I have an obsession with floors.

They are usually the first thing I notice in interior photos. That is, naked floors. It's pretty rare that I find a rug or carpet that catches my eye. I always, always prefer a bare floor. My dream house has herringbone-patterned wood floors, a la Paree. (That's Paris in my French accent.)

But check out these brick hallway floors from UK designer Polly Keller's house. An interesting solution that is completely usable in the average family's house and very cool for a mudroom in colder climates. Sort of looks like a tiny alley between two row houses, instead of the hallway connecting the back door to the rest of the house.

Photo by Polly Wreford via desiretoinspire.net 
I love when details have the appearance of being older than they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment